Monday, September 10, 2012

Fix Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client and Mac Lion (10.7) and Mountain Lion (10.8) Connection Problems

After upgrading my Macbook Pro to Mountain Lion and setting it up, I noticed I suddenly couldn't connect to my school's VPN server.  This meant no online textbooks, journal articles, etc.  After searching far too many message boards, I finally found an answer.

I finally found the answer in a blog post from an Indian news site. Apparently, Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client and Apple's "Back to My Mac" feature don't play nice with each other, so fixing it requires turning off Back to My Mac if you have it set up.  Score one for Indian tech support!

To fix it, open System Preferences, click iCloud, and deselect Back to My Mac.  It's that easy!

Unfortunately, until Cisco and Apple work with one another it looks like an either/or situation with the two services.



2 comments:

  1. Is it okay to post part of this on my website basically post a hyperlink to this webpage? surfshark free trial

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well.. vpn for torrenting

    ReplyDelete